Dementia affects 850,000 people in the UK.
The only way to beat the condition is through research.
Join Dementia Research is a place to register your interest in participating in dementia research. Please click on the link below for more information or to register your interest:
People with dementia or memory problems, their carers and anyone who is interested can sign up. You can also sign up for someone else, providing that you have their consent.
Registering is the first step in becoming involved in supporting vital research studies across the nation.
The National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) is funded by the Department of Health to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research
The Clinical Research Network (CRN) is part of the NIHR. They co-ordinate a national network which enables and embeds high quality research, helping to making people and the NHS better.
They achieve this by:
• Ensuring that as many people as possible across England have the opportunity to participate in research.
• Providing researchers with the practical support they need to make clinical research studies happen in the NHS
• Ensuring efficient and effective delivery of high quality clinical research across the health community
• Attracting national and international clinical research investment
• Providing a coordinated response to national research priorities