Complaints Policy

Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

The site is shared between Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and The Rame Group Practice to benefit the local population and therefore patient information may be shared between the organisations.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust you can telephone on 01208 834620 or email at

The Rame Group welcomes comments, compliments, concerns and complaints. We always aim to provide the best care we can. However, we know that sometimes things can go wrong. When this happens we believe that it is often most effective to sort problems out quickly and informally.

Please talk to any member of staff if you have a problem or concern.

The NHS Complaints Procedure

The NHS complaints procedure is a more formal way of resolving a concern. We want to assure people that they can make a complaint without fear of their care being affected. We believe it is important to understand why things go wrong so we can prevent such things happening again.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

There are two stages to the complaints procedure. The first stage is called ‘Local Resolution’. This is where we work with you to resolve your complaint. If, after this, you feel your complaint to be still unresolved you can progress to the second stage by approaching the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman for an ‘Independent Review’.

The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS)

The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) can help you make a complaint if you wish. Email is not used by the practice for this purpose, as communication via the internet is not secure and we have no control over the confidentiality of patient information that has been transmitted electronically outside NHS networks.

Please try to make your complaint as soon as possible, as we can conduct a more effective investigation, when events are fresh in team members’ minds. There are time limits; normally 12 months after the event you are complaining about (or became aware of the matter for complaint). However, there are exceptions to this and we will always try to help as much as we can.

If you are making a complaint on behalf of another person, we may need to ask that person’s consent before investigating the complaint.

Formal Complaints

If you want to make a formal complaint, please contact the practice manager. The practice manager will discuss with you how you would like your complaint resolved and how long this might take. The person who investigates your complaint may need to talk to other staff and look at your medical records. They will be careful to ensure that any information about you is kept confidential. Your complaint will not be recorded in your medical notes.

We will acknowledge your complaint and how we have agreed to resolve it within three working days. We will keep you informed of progress; letting you know of any delays in resolving your complaint. We will usually advise you of the outcome by letter; however, we are also happy to meet with you. We will let you know the outcome of the investigation and of action taken as a result. If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we have handled your complaint, we would prefer you to tell us. This means we can discuss if there are any other ways of locally resolving your comments.

Complaints Contact Information

Julie Sweet
Practice Manager
The Rame Group Practice
Trevol Road
PL11 2TB

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS)
1st Floor, 17 Dean Street
PL14 4AB
01579 345193

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
0345 015 4033

NHS England
Peninsula House
Kingsmill Road
PL12 6LE
0300 311 22 33