The Rame Group Practice and South West Dermatology are pleased to work in collaboration to provide a community dermatology service, led by consultants from secondary care.
- See and treat lesion clinics, where you can see a consultant and have minor lesions removed at the same appointment
- General dermatology service, seeing rashes and other skin conditions
- Consultant skin surgery, including flaps and grafts, locally at Penntorr
Our clinical team includes:
- Dr Cairine Wilkinson – MBBS, BSc, FRCP
Dr Wilkinson qualified from University College London in 2003. She trained in dermatology in the South West and has been working full time as a consultant since 2012. Dr Wilkinson’s specialities include:
- Paediatric dermatology
- Severe inflammatory conditions including eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer and benign skin lesions
- Vulval skin conditions
- Dr Urszula Burdnik – Phd.
Dr Brudnik graduated from Collegium Medicium, Jagiellonian University, Krakow in 1999. She is an experienced dermatologist with a special interest in chronic skin conditions and skin cancer recognition. She has been the lead for clinical research on a variety of dermatological conditions including treatment of psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Dr Toby Chave
Dr Chave trained in Exeter, Cardiff, Leicester and Australia before becoming a consultant dermatologist and dermatological surgeon in 2004, initially in Truro and for the last 12 years based in Plymouth. Dr Chave’s specialities include:
- Diagnosis and management of skin cancer
- Skin surgery including local flap repairs and skin grafts
He has been the lead for skin cancer for University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust, Chairman of the skin cancer multidisciplinary team, and Chairman of the Peninsula Skin Cancer Network.
- Dr Rob Allen – MBBS, BSc (Hons), MRCS, MRCGP
Dr Allen qualified from UCL Medical School 2003, is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons (Edin) and as a GP with Extended Role in Skin Surgery in 2018. He performs skin surgery at Penntorr for the dermatology service. Dr Allen has been a GP partner at the Rame Group Practice since 2012.
- Dr Lawrence Barnes – MBBS, MRCGP
Dr Barnes qualified from UCL Medical School 1996 and was accredited as a GP with extended role in skin surgery in 2018. He performs skin surgery at Penntorr for the dermatology service. Dr Barnes has been a GP partner at the Rame Group Practice since 2001 and is a senior partner.
- Dr Mark Bridle – MB, ChB, MRCGP
Dr Bridle qualified from Edinburgh 2000 and has been training as a GP with extended role in dermatology. He performs dermatology clinics at Penntorr. Dr Bridle has been a partner at the Rame Group Practice since 2005.
The clinical team are supported by the secretaries in administering the dermatology service. Please contact either Sarah Adcock or Alison Barsley on 01752 817903 with any queries.