Virtual Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Who are we?
A group of volunteer patients working in partnership with the practice to:
- Act as ‘critical friend’ to provide a patient’s perspective ensuring services, plans and activities respond to patients’ needs and priorities
- Foster communication with the wider patient population building stronger patient-doctor relationships
- Provide practical support to the practice e.g. conducting and analysing patient surveys, organising health awareness events
- Encourage patients to gain confidence in managing and taking control of their health and care
- An online Patient group that provides more opportunity and encouragement for more patients to give their views about how the practice is doing
What do we do?
- Participate in the development and analysis of the practice questionnaire
- Assure patients are involved in service changes and improvement
- Support and promote research activities in the practice
We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff. Your comments and ideas are important to the practice and as part of the virtual patient group – this is the fastest and most efficient way of keeping everyone “in the loop”. We would like to be able to ask the opinions of as many patients as possible and are asking if people would like to provide their email addresses so that we can contact you by email every now and again to ask you a question or two on specific matters relating to the practice and the community we care for.
To join the Patient Participation Group, please complete our PPG registration form.
The PPG is a member of the National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP).